Monday 16 May 2011

Crazy for Gaga

Less than twenty-four hours afte blazing the Radio One Big Weekend stage at Carlisle, it has been announced that Lady Gaga is releasing her new album 'Born This Way' five days earlier via www.metro.com/gaga. I'm not sure how the free paper managed to secure that deal before the official release date but, wow, kudos to them!
Frankly, I'm dying to hear her new material despite the criticism she received for being a Madonna-wannabe recently. I thought that was something that had been put to bed a few months after we were first introduced to the eccentric but it's rearing it's silly head again. I couldn't imagine Madonna coming out of a coffin wearing a leather catsuit, fake baby bump and wowing the crowd with a combination of pop and jazz.

Also Dannii Minogue announced on Saturday she's jumping the sinking ship that is The X Factor. Sources at the show say she was pushed and this was simply a cover-up. Either way I am so bored of this show and I can't imagine The US X Factor is going to do much to revitalise it.

With the summer coming up and too much free time on my hands I'm going to watch some of the top 250 Imdb movies.
I've kicked off with Inglorious Basterds which I thought was an amazing movie and I'd highly recommend it even if it's not your usual taste; I thought I'd hate it because of its trademark violence and uncomfortableness touch from Tarantino. The script is slick, the characters pitch perfect and the soundtrack perfectly suiting.
The show-stealer is Christoph Waltz who deservedly won an Oscar for his portrayal of Hans Landa; a ruthless, charming, charistmatic detective.
Not so impressed with The Shawshank Redemption: how did this get to number one on the list?! Still good though but can't believe the amount of prestige this film has: it's not half as moving as it thinks it is, though my friend informs me "it's more of a guy's weepie". Sadly I found Morgan Freeman's voice-over the most interesting thing in it, which says everything.
Check out chick-flick Morning Glory too, obviously not so high-brow but easy viewing. A bit late on the uptake but I'm loving the song 'Strip Me' by Natasha Bedingfield.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKzfmwzMOPg
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment